1. Other than teaching, dancing and writing what else do you have a passion for?
I love movies. When I was in junior high and high school, I wrote for a city newspaper as the movie critic. I had a ball. Bid whist is another passion; I’m an old black man in that game, trash talk and all.
2. What's your favorite color/brand color? Are they the same?
I’m a big fan of turquoise.
3. Favorite Dancer?
I have to pick one?? LOL Carmen DeLavallade, Renee Robinson, Charlie Neshyba-Hodges, Desmond Richardson
4. Person who inspired you the most?
5. Favorite Food to Eat?
Shrimp scampi in wine garlic butter sauce
6. Favorite Food to Make?
7. Tip about living on the road as a dancer?
Find time to be absolutely with self. Also: One thing at a time. One step at a time. One city at a time. Stay in every moment so as not to find yourself overwhelmed. Even the positive sensations can overload.
8. How to stay fit on the road?
Develop a regimen that can be done in the mornings at the hotel. Find ways to do it without a gym by carrying push-up bars, kettle bells, or whatever will help.
9. 5 Must Haves on the Road?
A music source (ipod, phone, etc.), a good book, and access to a regular source for news.
10. Favorite Song?
“You Don’t Know What Love is” (particularly Cassandra Wilson’s version), “Clouds” (Dianne Reeves’ version)
11. Favorite Singer?
12. Favorite Quote?
Blessed are the pure at heart, for they shall see God.
13: Reason you knew why you wanted to be a writer...dancer...choreographer...creator...producer...educator?
It was a path forged by God and the Universe in spite of my alternative efforts or thoughts.
14. Favorite Place in the world? Toss up: Amsterdam, Curacao